Friday, March 13, 2015

Madrid - chasing for goodies


     
   Good morning sunshine people!


     In what colors did the sun shine for you today? Are you having a beautiful morning?

    I know that the season we are in maybe doesn't spoil everybody with  a sun shining as bright as it does for the others but either way,  even if the sun is enlightening your sleepy face and plays with its golden rays among your hair through the warm glass while checking how the new day looks from your window, or if you have a cloudy and chillier day that makes you wish the summer to come faster,  I now both ways the smell of that fresh brewed coffee that just awakens all your senses or the smell of the aromatic herbal, green or powerful black tea can do Magic… and can make you just a bit more happy, can bring you one of those moments that can just make your morning so much better.


 Song i woke up with this morning, hope you will enjoy it while reading this:




I’m taking the time today to spoil myself with a delicious tea that releases a sweet and fresh aroma of Melissa. The plant of a spring green color floating on the top of the water on my tea pot seems like it’s just smiling at me and says: “Good morning!! Drink me, drink me…I’m so fresh and tastyyy ”... yeah, that’s what I’ll do along with enjoying a Omega 3 Pudding, a warm and crispy Ecological Croissant with cheese and Jamon (Spanish typical prosciutto) that its almost falling apart of crispiness and that taste of butter…Oh My God…plus a creamy almost melting in the mouth Semola Risotto with mushroom and truffle salsa. Don’t think that all my breakfasts are like this :) it more of a brunch/ breakfast split in 2   ;)

      While doing that I will talk to you today about the food around here. I’m a real foodie, I can’t think of any other person that I know that is such a food fan as I am, especially new type of food. Well… I know one but I’m not going to say who… for now :D  It’s very hard not to fall into temptation of trying all the goodies in a new country, in a new city…I am struggling at this chapter… eat healthy food and just drool on looking at it or satisfy my taste buds with heavenly delicious food? Of course the second wins all the times. You cannot go to a place like Madrid and not try everything possible that you know could make up memory that you would talk about for a long time. It’s not only about eating, it’s also about what you bring home with you for your kitchen. Me I really enlarged my pallet of food I cook and the way I do it, the technique, the plating part.

   To choose the restaurants or cafes I usually use this App that probably a lot of you know about:         www.yelp.com  its works for a list of countries  and you can use it to search different types of places like : hotels, grocery stores, pharmacies and so on that are close to your location or not necessarily.
Madrid as any other place has the typical type of places and the more high class style… both having absolutely delicious food. Today I wana talk about a small list of traditional typical places that are good for any type of budgets while traveling. I’ll start with the place I am eating right now.
1.       Le Pain Quotidien [YelpWebsite ] - a place that you can find it in different countries of the world, that has a different variety of food depending on the country you are in but regardless where they always have,good coffee, tea, fresh pastries, salads, soups, sandwiches and reasonable prices.Here they have also the typical Spanish food.



 Herbabuena (Melissa) tea


     Pudding Omega 3- with coconut milk, chia seeds,raspberry and granola
was absolutely amazing, so rich in flavor, so light and smooth and so healthy



Ecological croissant with jamon (prociutto) and cheese 


Semolina Risotto with mushroom and truffle sauce- truly amazing

2.       Mon Salon (Bar/Taberna)- a small place across the street of the central park of Madrid called Buen Retiro Park. This taberna looks very simple very traditional but you would be pleasant surprised that the food is really really tasty and flavory and really cheap. It also has a small terrace outside from which you can enjoy the sun and good weather.


Crostini with jamon( ham) and brie cheese -
this crostini absolutely blew my mind...was....crazy good.


Spanish Tortilla with egg yolk poached on the top


Patatas bravas


Crostini with cream cheese and walnut topped with pork meat


Went back to take a picture and was closed at the time but it's worth it, trust me.


Chicken kebab with mustard salsa and a crostini with cream cheese with walnut and sweet honey sauce


3.       Vips  [Yelp, Website] - a cute place in the heart of the fancy area of Madrid where you can eat pretty good at a decent price. Also has space in and outdoor.


Quesadilla with jamon and cheese


Langostino Siracha- Rice with asparagus, caramelized onions, bell pepper, sauteed shrimp with a siracha sauce on top

4.       Meson del champinion [Yelp,Website] - this place :) …this place is something… at the 1st sight you will say what the hell? Very small, very small but…has traditional music, it’s cozy, good sangria and really really nice food. Those mushroom baked with butter and chorizo inside, the cheese is just fabulous and the Pimentos Padron are absolutely amazing.




 Stuffed mushroom with chorizo and butter


Pimentos Padron and croquettes de jamon


Mix of procciutto, salami and machego cheese

5.       Défilé Café [Yelp, Website]- pleasant place, with space outside to sit, with nice Gin tonics and good food.


Tuna steak with sauteed veggies


Fried egg on top of bed of sliced potatoes, meat and tomato sauce with some magic spices

So, did I make you hungry yet? : D and another question, what will you cook tonight ? Is it gonna be regular food or perhaps I inspired you to try something new?

    One of the days I will try to make some of these dishes and share it with you. Until then, talk to you from my next destination.
Next time we will talk about more fancy restaurants. Until then enjoy the breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Have an amazing day! :-*


No comments:

Post a Comment