Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Love and food!


Hello people !

What inspires you day by day? What gives you real pleasure when doing it?

Me, i think i have too many things that do that for me, one of them is food. And it's not Just food, it's new food, try new cuisines, fancy plating in a manner to make me fall in love...food that can make me fly away in my mind to Italy, Thailand, Portugal, France, Vietnam or Seychelles...where amazing food, warm beach or stunning city and the perfect person next to you can write history and a love story




Love for travel, for a person, for food, for beautiful places and things, they all can bring us a huge satisfaction and a memorable experience.
I fall in love with things that delight my eyes with beauty, my nose with aromas, my mouth with amazing flavors.
I also like to cook, i always did,  but lately i do it in a way that when i finish the plate I'm really proud and smile saying " I nailed it...I'm proud of it. Good job", or get some compliments from the others which is even better. Feels really good.:)  Yeah, that's me... It's a passion that i discovered once i started to eat more out, in different places, different countries, see the variety of food, of products or spices you can get...it's absolutely unbelievable .

Today i will give u a bit of inspiration from my kitchen and the kitchen of a great restaurant in Madrid.
Cooking can be real Art. You have to know the secret combination of tastes, quantities, smells, rules of what goes with what and so on. There are thousands of tastes, hundreds of colors, products, technics you can use when cooking. Of course we don't use on a day to day basis but once you try it, you can never stop.
As i told you before i'm a real foodie and i really like plates that have creation on them. Plates where i have to take spoon by spoon or fork by fork, eating slowly, feeling the tastes and trying to guess all the components in it.
I'll start sharing my experiences with you from the exclusive restaurants I've been and i'm going, where each plate puts you on hold for a picture before starting eating it.
I'll also cook with you from time to time, so that together we learn a bit more about fancy cooking and plating.
In some countries its almost lunch time already, so..

Bon Appetite!!!

  1. A very very nice place i tried in Madrid called Albora, totally recommend:
     
Grilled scallop in a warm ham foamy broth
Octopus stew in a potato cream with fresh chives


Grilled prawns on a roasted eggplant and sesame sauce
Creme catalana with caramel and cinnamon,
 served with vanilla ice cream 


Grilled boneless rib steak in a barbecue sauce 

   2. Something made by me this weekend: Salmon in a pistachio crust with roasted veggies and a yellow squash puree.

 I used all these ingredients for 5 portions:

1/2 kilo of baby potatoes
1 yellow squash( half for roasting and half for the puree)
1 zucchini
1 big carrot sliced ( you can use baby carrots, i didn't
find at the moment.
Small can of sweet corn
200 gr of pistachio
1 kilo of fresh salmon
Salt, pepper, olive oil, oregano, cayenne and paprika pepper

 

Cut the baby potatoes in 2 or 4 depending how big they are and slice thin the zucchini, squash and carrots. I seasoned them with sea salt, paprika pepper, oregano, and chopped garlic and olive oil.

For the squash puree i used juts half of the squash, cayenne pepper, salt and after mashing i added a spoon of butter. Butter always makes the difference.:)


Crumb the pistachio for the salmon


Slice the salmon fillet in pieces of about 5 cm wide each piece, season them with salt, pepper, olive oil, a splash of lemon juice and place them with the crust down on the pan. I cooked first the potatoes for 10 min at a 200 C degrees as it takes the most to cook, then i added the rest of the veggies for another 10 min at the same temperature.
Salmon needs only 10 min at 220 C to get cooked and juicy, if it stays more it gets dry. Its very easy and doesn't require a lot of time.
For an additional taste i roasted the corn in butter for 5 min in the pan, gives a sweet and buttery flavor to the dish.


Voilá!
Pofta buna ( Enjoy) !

No comments:

Post a Comment