Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sushi mania



Hello boys and girls!

I hope you are having a good day so far and a easy week. I woke up today with the desire of Sushiiii!!! I just love them, I don't know who doesn't. I can always eat sushi, it's the only thing that even when I'm full if somebody says "Sushi" I'm the first one jumping "Me, me, me!!!!" Me with sushi... I feel like Monterey Jack, the rat from the Chip and Dale cartoon , that was going hypnotized when he was smelling"Cheeseeee" :D


 I discovered the sushi a long time ago, and it was love at 1st sight. Ever since I could eat sushi everyday. During these years I've tried to taste sushi almost in each place that I visit, trying to find the Absolutely Best ones.

I must say I found around the world a few places that impressed me to the point of culinary madness.Today i'll mention a few but there are lots more good ones. Best one so far is still:
  1. SUSHIC- from Portugal. This place is nearly to perfection, It's a fusion sushi restaurant that has a Gin Bar and Live Jazz music, What else could you wish for??? I don't know where they get the inspiration but they do a hell of a job. The  Gins are so creative and so well chosen the combinations that you can't say NO to a second one, the music is great, is calm and easy just to make the ambient more perfect and then the Sushi!!!!  Those sushi, those combinations and tastes take you to heaven and back. Everything is so fresh and so inspired. In one single roll you can feel so many different sensations, Crispy on the outside, Rich on the inside and soo Velvety on the top, just Divine!!!  I strongly recommend it cause once you go there you never wanna leave.
Ebi Delight and Hot Fuji
A mix of goodies



Salmon topped with grilled scallops and caviar in a moscatel wine 



  2.  Cafe Sambal (Miami) - unfortunately the place is already closed but its definitely a place that I will remember. Based in the hotel of Mandarin Oriental that Cafe had one of the best views I've ever had while eating.  The sushi was a very basic one, Philadelphia roll, but...the taste was fantastic, so refreshing, so delicious...Wonderful.  Had as well other yummy stuff there but about that we will talk in a particular post about Restaurants and their food. 

It's a place that i would totally go back if it wold be still open. Even though there is another restaurant opened instead of this one that i'm sure it should be the same quality, so if you are in the neighborhood, try and let me know.



3. Gyotaku Japanese Restaurant- Aikahi Park (Honolulu Hawaii)-  i wasn't expecting such a deliciousness as the place was a bit in the middle of nowhere and didn't look fancy but...i got surprisingly impressed. I tried for the 1st time a new dish here called : Ahi Poke, its a sort of a marinated fish with different spices, sauces, scallions. Yummy, yummy, yummy. And as I go always for sushi rolls here are the ones I had there: Mango sauce, eel, fresh salmon and tuna, of course everything was delicious and fresh. It is by the end on a island surrounded by ocean and sun. Everything tastes better. :)



Well, i hope i made you hungry. I might go and order some sushi actually. By the way, I gotta make one day with you some sushi and go over the recipe. It's a deal. Stay tuned!
And enjoy your lunch or breakfast or dinner.

Bon Appetitte!

Xo Xo



No comments:

Post a Comment